Monday, October 18, 2010

WANTED: Writer with minor spelling deficiency with a hankering for long-hand science-fiction

Some months ago as I was cleaning the house I found this:



It was two and a half pages, handwritten, about a group of what I assume are teenagers, who have just woken up after a particularly nasty attack by demons at their high school, to find that they all (or, at least, some of them) have come down with a bad case of the superpowers.

I’ve had it for months and have no idea what/where it came from. Here’s what the story said, complete with spelling and grammatical errors. If you know what this is please e-mail me:

Here’s the story:

I opened my eyes, the pain was gone, it had disappeared as if it had been switched off. I sat up and saw my friends sitting up as well.
Xavier, a tall muscular blond unshaven and hair which was long in the back and less than an inch everywhere else, except for three braids that hung over his eyes. His hair now crimson with the blood that had spraid over all of us.
Joe, an amazing five feet two inches almost a dwarf in highschool, was a quite artist who new what he was doing. He was wiping blood off the sweatshirt he always wore.
Kory, a tall brunette with an overactive sense of humor, was still lying flat on his back but his eyes looking at the clear bright sky.
Nicole, a tiny girl with short black hair was exercising her childlike disposition as she splashed in the puddle of blood she was sitting in.
Chris, not as muscled as Xavier but taller, he was still farther away then the rest of us.
Mykala, a pretty brunette, was staring blankly at all the carnage around us.
And then there was me, my dark curly hair was straight and slick with the blood of what I could only describe as a demon.
“What happened?” asked Mykala.
“Whell, as far as I can tell” I said “We were having lunch, some kind of dark portal opened, spilling demons of unknown power into the moral world. Everyone in the school is dead along with unknown others, likely there where more than one of these portals so the entire country if not the world is in a panic. If the latter is true we might be some of the only people left in the world.”
“Is that all?” Joe said sarcastically as he was wringing out his sweatshirt.
Chris was standing next to me with a strange expression on his face.
“Ivan.” he said “This is realy weird, I’ve been moving all over and I don’t remember moving there.” I blinked, he was standing ten feet away.
“Woah” Kory said “That was cool:
“That’s weird” I said as I reeched up to polish my glasses.
“What?” Nicole asked, still splashing in her puddle.
“I reached up to polish my glasses” I said “and I realized I wasn’t wearing them, but I can see fine, better than with my glasses.
“Weird” Joe said
“Has anybody else seen anything odd?” I asked
“Well, I cant understand how I got up here.” said Chris, from the roof of th school. The next second he was standing a few feet away.
“I’m cold,” said Mykala, shivering a little.
“How?” Kory walked over to her “It’s June.”

Move over The Iliad
What happens next? Is Mykala’s super power that she is cold all the time (advise to the author: That’s lame). Or is she suffering from some sort of shock after apparently the entire world was eaten by demons (she stares blankly at the carnage around her meanwhile Nicole PLAYS IN A PUDDLE OF BLOOD)

The hell, Nicole... not cool.

I have no idea how it got behind my television, and I have no idea who it belongs to, since it wasn’t mine or my wife’s. My guess is that it fell out of someone’s pocket when they were over (perhaps the cable guy, since it was behind my television, or maybe Bruce took it and buried it back there for safe keeping...)

Is this the start of the story, or the middle? Does the fact that it's June play a factor later?

Like I said, if this is yours, or you have ANY idea who wrote it, please comment. I need closure.

---GEOFF

3 comments:

  1. oh god... how did you find that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, favorite part:

    “What happened?” asked Mykala.
    “Whell, as far as I can tell” I said “We were having lunch, some kind of dark portal opened, spilling demons of unknown power into the moral world. Everyone in the school is dead along with unknown others, likely there where more than one of these portals so the entire country if not the world is in a panic. If the latter is true we might be some of the only people left in the world.”

    I'm all for making sure everyone is caught up and knows what has happened, but there is a certain amount of brevity to that exchange that made laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea that because one things happened to them it must have happened to everyone else in the world. "Oh, you dropped your sandwich, likely there were more than one person dropping their sandwich so the entire country if not the entire world is in a panic. If the latter is true we might be some of the only people left in the world with sandwiches."

    ReplyDelete