Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Candy Man can. Repeatedly.

Last weekend Katie and I tagged along with some friends on a quick day trip to the beach, where this happened:


But enough about that.

The purpose of the trip was to locate the Greatest Salt Water Taffy Place in the World, which Katie and I had found on a previous trip (if you're wondering, it's right here).


Our friends Megan and Alex were planning a similar expedition and so --- Ocean's 11-like team assembled --- we headed for glory and delicious saltwater goodness.

What is it that makes it the Greatest Salt Water Taffy Place in the World?

I'm glad you asked.


Yes, we've hit triple-digit flavor combinations. 


See that? That's all taffy. 


Sweet delicious taffy.

There is, however, a slight problem with the Greatest Salt Water Taffy Place in the World, and it's the fact that they have a theme song. 

A theme song that plays on a loop every 2 minutes, over and over and over again. 

This theme song, to be specific: 



Now I'm a fan of Sammy as much as the next guy, but that song repeated, every day? I'd go crazy.

But needless to say I now own my own weight in saltwater taffy of every variety.

 And it's not just regular delicious taffy. It's taffy that makes you say "what the WHAT?"


And my personal favorite:

Seriously, these guys are like the Bernie Bott's of taffy.

...actually, disregard that last caption. That was awful.

Sorry about that.

I'm going to eat some candy now.


No comments:

Post a Comment