Friday, March 16, 2012

Habitat

Last month I spent half the day with some of my coworkers working on the Beaverton site of Habitat for Humanity. It was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. My arms were sore for several days, but it was so worth it.

Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity is always  something I've wanted to do, and I am happy I had the opportunity with my work.

Here are a few photos a few of my coworkers took.


 A few of the guys working on the second story of one of the houses we built.

We moved a lot of these and they are really heavy! They are the sub flooring boards... I think.

Another angle of doing the same thing, but in this one you get to see me rocking the tool belt and work gloves :)

 Poor Gladys had to vacuum out underneath the floor we put in place, it's a good thing she's tiny! haha

Our fearless leader, his name is escaping me at the moment, but he was a good sport with all of us who didn't know a single thing about how to build a house.

Standing next to him is Nannette who put this day together for us. Thanks Nannette, we had a lot of fun!

Next time maybe it won't rain, but it certainly made it interesting trying to get all the mud off my clothes and shoes.
The whole gang after a couple hours of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment