Monday, September 27, 2010

It. Is. Done.

After 525,600 minutes, 366 days, 12 months, and one MASSIVE upload later, it is done.

go here: pursinger365.blogspot.com
I'm talking, of course, about the 365 photos project that I started in September. It took a lot longer than I had hoped to get it all up online (and I'm still working on putting captions and etc. to EVERY photo, give me time!) but it's finally done.

This project was so much fun, while at the same time mind numbingly frustrating. There were times when I was so inspired I took four or five photos in a day. There were times when I forgot about the project completely for about a month and had to make up for it.

Originally my plan was to TAKE a photo every day, but after day 10 I got a 60+ hour a week job, and that project quickly turned into taking 365 photos, to represent an entire year. Yes, it's cheating. Yes, I feel badly about it. No, I won't be doing anything about it.

I have plans for doing another one of these at the start of the new year. A 52 photo project with Katie, one family photo per week.

I highly recommend that everyone try this project. It will make you look at the world differently, and make you appreciate the little things in your day (eating lunch? Watching TV? combing your hair? PICTURE TIME).

If you want to see all 366 photos (I was so upset with one photo I decided I needed another day to make up for it) you'll see them all at my 365-blog, pursinger365.blogspot.com. Like I said above, I'm still putting captions to ALL of them, and that won't happen for awhile. But check it out anyway. It took a lot of time to do, least you can do is peruse.

---Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment