Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pacific Football


I got to go to the first Pacific home football game on Saturday against the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Stags (wow, that's a name). We lost horribly (it was 9-39 when I left about halfway through the 4th) but it was a lot of fun and I'll totally go to another game.

It was weird to see Pacific act like a REAL college, though. There were tailgaters, and booths selling Pacific swag. There were people who painted their faces and the stadium was PACKED with people.

All in the pouring down rain.

Pacific caring about its own athletics..... weird....

I saw more people at Lincoln Park just as officials and coaches out on the field than I have ever seen at Lincoln Park during 4+ years of Pacific University. It took some getting used to, it was like being at a Division 1 event, that's how it felt. The amount of pride that we had in our team and in our school. It didn't matter that we got CREAMED, I was still blown away by the fact that people CARED about the game.

During the whole brew-ha-ha over bringing Pacific football back I never really cared one way or the other. Football has nothing to do with why I went to Pacific and in my opinion a football player is no more special than a baseball player or a wrestler. But now I'm for it. 100 percent. If football is what it takes to get Pacific kids to care about their school and to get school spirit on the rise then I say that I am all for it.

I was even tempted to buy a Pacific sweatshirt or a hat or something. ME.

Go Boxers.

No comments:

Post a Comment