Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My work...

...is one of those places that everyone is happy at, and everybody likes to know everyone, and a place where they value their employees. That's all fine and well but in some ways it's nice to be anonymous. In the first week do you know how many times I heard "wow, you look so much like your sister, Jenny!"

I knew that on the first day I was going to get my picture taken, so I took a little extra time getting ready and put a little more effort into it then normal but what I didn't know (even though my sister works there and could have warned me) is that said picture would be sent out to all the employees so that when they saw me around the office they knew who I was and was able to welcome me to the company.

Employee pictures also get put up on the companies intranet so that if someone mentions an employee  you don't know, you can say "wait, let me look them up!"

It's really helpful, but as someone who prefers to be behind the camera and not in front of it I was not pleased that it would get passed around and forever live on the interwebs... but it's already there and I can't change it now, so oh well. Here you go.


To catch you all up on the rest of my work situation: I love it.

My work? It's not exciting. It's just data entry but I love pretty much everything about my company. I work with lots of nice people, I see my sis a little more (kinda), we all play volleyball together on our lunch break and can do yoga, and they give me lots of free stuff and pay me pretty well :)

Also, I got to go shopping with my companies money for a new chair that I wanted and a keyboard tray :)

Shopping when I don't have to pay for it? Turns out it's really, really fun.

On a more serious note: I'm starting to hit my groove there and fall into place with everyone. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment