Friday, June 24, 2011

My epic weekend part 1: The calm before the storm

I've got a BIG post coming later on this weekend about what I'm currently up to at work.

Here's a hint: It involves me getting up at 3 a.m., nearly getting murdered by bovine and involves 1,800 pounds of nylon fabric.

What is it? The Tigard Festival of Balloons, of course!

What's the balloon fest, you ask? Good question. It's an annual summer festival where they bring in hot air balloons from all over the country to fly. There's also music and pancakes and rides, and I spend all weekend running around like crazy having a good time.

It runs all weekend long but before I give you a link to the details I wanted to show you this:

It's another of those (*cough* award winning *cough*) videos I make for my work, and I totally dig the crap out of it.


The festival is super fun and worth the drive out if you've never seen a hot air balloon before. The catch: They take off at about 6 a.m., so you've got to be up early if you want to see them do their thaang.

Details for this year's festival and more awesome photos can be found HERE. Expect my ACTUAL Balloon Fest post with pictures and videos (and the story of how I was nearly killed by cows and then became an accessory to a crime) later this week.

...I'll let you know when it's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment