Tuesday, June 7, 2011

13/52 "Ladies and GentleMAN"

For those of you who don't know, Katie comes from a large family.

The best that I've been able to figure out is that roughly 1/10th of the world's population is a member of Katie's family.

That's 677 million, 523 thousand, 570 people.

Roughly.

Anyway, a good chunk of them get together at the beach once a year for a weekend of lounging and generally doing nothing.

Well, when I say "a good chunk of them" I mean this:



Or, to put it another way:

Girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl and GEOFF.

Most of the men-folk in Katie's family stay away from the beach weekend, because there aren't any other dudes to hang out with.

It's a statement that I've never really understood, but I'm the guy that invited my female friends to my bachelor party, so I guess I don't think like normal people.

Of course, being the only dude I'm given a lot of "manly tasks."

I've opened my fair share of pickle jars around that house is what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, it's nice to get away for a few days and be around family. Katie and I had a similar experience with my family last year.

Granted when MY family went it was with, like, 5 people.

Anyway, here's some fun photos from our weekend at DA OCHEN:

 

2 comments:

  1. I like that you climbed a ladder and hid in the loft with your laptop. Estrogen and young chilluns are fun so long as there are frequent interwebs breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told I snuck away to stream the hockey game.

    ReplyDelete